Every year Adam and I enjoy traveling during the winter months. I find travel off-peak season the best time for us as well. We have found attractions not too busy. During this time, we visited the beautiful, sunny beaches of the sunshine-state, Florida. During our travels we love to kick back, relax, soak in some sun and explore the beautiful locations that the sunshine state has to offer. We have visited Tampa and Clearwater, Florida and explored this beautiful seaside city.
During this trip we rented our vehicle directly at from Enterprise car rental at the Tampa International Airport (TPA). Travel time was less than 2 hours from Newark International Airport (EWR). Having a rental vehicle allowed for us to travel as we pleased instead of relying on Uber. The rate for the rental car was pretty reasonable considering the amount of locations per day that we visited and parking our rental in the city was also not an issue as there was an abundance of street parking available.
I find to that the CityPass is a hidden gem. I love to plan my days while traveling and purchase CityPass tickets to utilize a discounted rate while traveling if visiting the major attractions. As we were traveling during the COVID-19, unfortunately some of the beautiful destinations were closed. So we’ll definitely want to travel back to visit the beautiful ChiHuly Collection and Ringling Musuem of Art. Otherwise, we enjoyed an abundance of locations and also hitting up the beautiful local beaches, as well!
Check out a few favorite photographs below and our Tampa travel guide for a relaxing and family-friendly trip while visiting Clearwater, Tampa and Tampa Bay, Florida!
Comments? Questions? Drop them in the comments below!
Places to Stay in Tampa
- The CURRENT Hotel, beautiful ocean views
- Le Méridien Tampa, The Courthouse, stunning architecture in the heart of downtown
- Tampa Marriott Water Street, waterfront views and a rooftop pool
Things to Do in Tampa
Museums & Art Galleries
- Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, Florida
- ChiHuly Collection, St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay History Center
- The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
Beaches & Outdoor Recreation
- Madeira Beach
- Tropics Boat Tours
- Siesta Key
- Kai Lani Catamaran, Sunset Sail in Clearwater
- Beach, Caladesi Island (ferry departs at 10am from Honeymoon Island Docks every 30 mins)
- John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk at Madeira Beach
- Treasure Island
- Hog Island at Honeymoon Island (ferry to Caladesi departs at 10 from Honeymoon Island)
- Fort de Soto Park, Tierra Verde (40 mins from Tampa)
Places to Eat in Tampa
- Bar Taco
- Crabby’s Beachwalk Bar & Grille
- Green Lemon
- Salt Shack On the Bay
- Sparkman Ward Downtown
- Frenchy’s Rockaway Grille
- Hog Island Fish Camp Seafood Restaurant & Bar
- Salty’s Island Bar & Grille
Venues: Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas, Flying Cloud, Powerboat Adventures
Bahamas Destination Wedding & Engagement Photography: Michelle Behre Photography
Inquire today to learn all about our New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and destination wedding photography services. Visit Nassau, Paradise Island, Dunmore Town, and Harbour Island to see more photos from this property. We can assist you in photographing your romantic engagement session and your wedding day! Inquire with Michelle for availability and more details, today!
Comments? Leave them below!
Questions? Contact us to learn more about our wedding photography services.