Are you planning your honeymoon or next destination travel and totally stumped? I got your back! We absolutely adore to travel to remove destinations. One of our favorites not too far from New York is the Bahamas. Crystal blue waters, delicious food, and flowing beverages …. the Bahamians definitely host epic events! Especially in the summer months in the celebration of culture, music, fine art, and cuisine at Junkanoo! With their welcoming culture and joyful energy, the Bahamas is definitely a top favorite on my list of island getaways. I’m sure you’re asking, ‘is it safe?‘ Yes! I felt very ‘safe’ and at-home while traveling in the Bahamas (on all islands I’ve been too, as well!) Island natives are friendly, helpful, and welcoming to travelers abroad. I have actually even made great friendships and have kept in close communication with natives!
Better yet, the temperatures are warm year round with breathtaking crystal-blue waters. Getting around the islands are super easy via rental car, moped or taxi. US dollar and credit card is accepted and best, English is the native language. The nearby airport to Paradise Island is on the Nassau which is known as ‘the mainland’ (to locals). Flights from Newark Liberty International (EWR) to Lynden Pindling International (NAS) and even better, flights are typically 2 hours (or less!)
Check out our top favorite travel destinations for the Bahamas. Destinations include those on the-out islands of the Bahamas, Nassau and Paradise Island for you to apply to your next romantic Bahamian getaway.
Questions about your next destination travel to the Bahamas and not sure how to navigate? Comments? Drop me a line! Enjoy!
Places to Stay on Nassau and Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- The Atlantis Resort and Spa has an abundance of venues to choose. For a secluded, romantic stay with a private cove beach, I’d recommend The Cove or The Reef. For a more upbeat vibe nearby the nightlife and casinos, I’d recommend the Royal Towers, Coral Towers, or Beach Towers on the resort.
Places to Eat on Nassau and Paradise Island, Bahamas
Casual Restaurants on Nassau, Bahamas
- Fish Fry at Arawak Cay
- Twin Brothers at Arawak Cay
- Poop Deck
- Exploring the island of Nassau and ready to have a bite to eat? I’d highly recommend the local delicacies of delicious fried conch, grouper, and more at the Fish Fry or Twin Brothers for lunch. Planning a romantic evening? Schedule your dinner for a sunset and watch the sunset from Poop Deck as you dine with your loved ones! These are just the top local favorites that offer local fresh catch, prepared beautifully to enjoy on Nassau and Paradise Island!
Casual & Upscale Restaurants on Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Anthony’s Seafood & Ribs
- Lagoon Bar & Grill
- Sunset Point Restaurant & Bar
- Frankie Gone Bananas (Bimini Road)
- Seafire Steakhouse (upscale)
- After a long day soaking up that breathtaking Bahamian breeze, salty air and summer sun, we love to dine outdoors with local favorites. While staying on the resort, whether that be with a great ‘spa-day’ and some rest-and-recharge by the ocean it is always great to relax and reconnect with your loved ones and plan on a great romantic evening. If staying at the resort for the day, we love to enjoy a walk around the Marina Village while watching the sunset. A few of our favorite restaurant choices include the Frankie Gone Bananas (Bimini Road), Anthony’s Seafood & Ribs, and the Seafire Steakhouse. All of these choices offer great portions and the delicious local catch like the mahi-mahi, snapper, or grouper, beautiful salads, and delicious fresh salsa, yum, yum!
More things to do around Nassau and Paradise Island, Bahamas
Things to do on Nassau, Bahamas
- Cable Beach
- Shopping downtown and at Bay Street, Nassau and view local handcrafted artisan pieces at the Nassau straw-market.
- Government House & Parliament Square
- National Art Gallery
- Pirates of Nassau
- Fort Charlotte
- Queen’s Staircase
- With so many stunning places to visit a few of our favorite historical and cultural gems include the above. I love strolling through the Nassau straw-market and along Bay Street to view all of the handcrafted artisans markets to the luxury Italian fashion houses of Gucci. I have purchased some of my favorite paintings here and sold by the local artisans at the Marina Village in Atlantis. Simply there’s something for everyone here on Nassau and Paradise Island!
- Flying Cloud Catamaran: *highly recommend the full day sail & snorkel.
- Powerboat Adventures to Exuma: full day sail & snorkel.
- Blue Lagoon Island: beautiful beach day tour, dolphin encounter and explore the island.
- Day Trip to the ‘Out-Islands’ of Eleuthera & Harbor Island: from petit pink and blue houses, overgrowth of succulents, and the vibrant, pink sands beach.. this location is a dream come true! A picture-perfect location for honeymooners! For hotel stay, check out Valentine’s Resort & Dunmore Hotel.
- From the Flying Cloud Catamaran tour to the beautiful Islands to the Powerboat Adventures and day trip to Blue Lagoon, there are an abundance of adventures awaiting for you in the Bahamas! I’d highly recommend to plan a day of rest-and-recharge out on the beautiful cerulean waters with the Flying Cloud. For a bit of a faster-paced and energetic trip for our speed-lovers plan a day out on the Powerboat Adventures. For those who seek wanderlust, I’d recommend a day trip to Blue Lagoon Island. Both sides of the island are a bit different and offer an abundance of services and great snorkel on the North side of the island, as well! If you are really adventurous (like us!), I’d highly recommend a day-trip, or open-jaw to the out-islands of Eleuthera & Harbour Island to explore, unwind, and enjoy the beauty of this stunning landscape.
Full-Day Event at Atlantis
- Atlantis Fish Feedings: Check out the hourly fish feedings offered at The Dig Atlantis resort. Feeds are hosted throughout the marine habitats. Highly recommend to view feeding schedule at front desk. Once you have that scheduled, plan the feedings into your days at Atlantis to see all during your stay!
- Mandara Spa & Fitness
- Aquaventure Waterpark: Recommend to a half day exploring and enjoying waterparks with family/friends.
- Atlantic Ocean: visit the beautiful beaches at The Cove and Reef.
- Casino & Nightclubs
NASSAU AND PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS
Michelle Behre Photography is based in Northern New Jersey and specializes in romantic, timeless, and sophisticated weddings and is available for worldwide travel to Nassau and Paradise Island, Bahamas. Her fine art photography style is the perfect blend of editorial and documentary photography capturing the excitement as the champagne pours to your picture-perfect bridal details. Are you recently engaged and planning your destination wedding? We accept a limited amount of destination weddings per year. Inquire to learn about our New Jersey Wedding Photography services and availability.
Bahamas Destination Wedding & Engagement Photography: Michelle Behre Photography
Inquire today to learn all about our New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and destination wedding photography services. Visit Nassau, Paradise Island, Dunmore Town, and Harbour Island to see more photos from this property. We can assist you in photographing your romantic engagement session and your wedding day! Inquire with Michelle for availability and more details, today!
Comments? Leave them below!
Questions? Contact us to learn more about our wedding photography services.